I haven’t updated it for 3 months. Oops. So for length I haven’t included the summaries as I often do. Click on the links to go to Goodreads.
1. A Court of Mist and Fury – Sarah J. Maas
2. Pedagogy of the Oppressed – Paulo Freire
3. Scratch: Writers, Money, and the Art of Making a Living – edited by Majula Martin
4. I’ll be Gone in the Dark – Michelle McNamara
5. The Cruel Prince – Holly Black
6. A Touch Wicked – Katrina Kendrick
7. The Swedish Prince – Karina Halle
1. The Forgotten Garden – Kate Morton
2. Children of Blood and Bone – Tomi Adeyemi
3. The Thirteenth Tale – Diane Setterfield
4. Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World – Cal Newport
1. Being Hers – Anna Stone
2. Pop Gun War Volume 2: Chain Letter – Farel Dalrymple
3. Halfway Home: A Lesbian Romance – Anna Cove
4. I was Born for This – Alice Oseman
5. The House at Riverton – Kate Morton
6. To Kill a Kingdom – Alexandra Christo
7. Zenith – Sasha Alsberg
8. Romancing the Beat: Story Structure for Romance Novels – Gwen Hayes
9. Research Methods in Creative Writing – edited by Jeri Kroll
Total this year: 41 books
Loose reading goals:
- Read more romance: A Court of Mist and Fury, A Touch Wicked, The Swedish Prince, Being Hers, Halfway Home
- Re-read some old favourites: N/A
- Read more classics: The Thirteenth Tale
- Continue to read diverse books/books by marginalised authors: Children of Blood and Bone, Pedagogy of the Oppressed, some authors in Scratch, maybe the authors of the F/F romances? Need to read more books by POC.
- Read nonfiction: Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Scratch, I’ll be Gone in the Dark, Deep Work, Romancing the Beat, Research Methods in Creative Writing, So Good They Can’t Ignore You.
- Read women: Basically all of them except for Cal Newport and Paulo Freire.