It’s a good time to make a list of all I’m thankful for. 2016 has been a year of disappointment and fear for many, but it’s important to also take time to focus on the positive.
This year, in no particular order, I’m thankful for:
- My new start in Edinburgh
- My health
- My family
- My career as a lecturer and an author
- My readers
- My friends, both near and far
- That California and Scotland, both my homes, voted how I wanted both in Brexit and the election
- My cats
- Books as an escape from the darker parts of this year and a way to help the next generation
Today I woke up in a foul mood, but I’m turning it around. I’m going to a friend’s house for some food and enjoying the cold, sunny day in Edinburgh.
What are you thankful for today?