I’ve decided to take a page out of my friend Amy Plum’s marketing book. If you leave a review on a retailer, she will send you a bookplate. I thought that was brilliant and decided to do the same. I feel bad for readers who wish I could sign their book but I don’t travel through their town or country.
My husband Craig designed this nice and simple bookplate for me that should match both my SF and fantasy works. I will send this to you with a bookmark if you leave me a review! It’ll be signed with my name and the little double heart sketch I tend to do.
HOW TO CLAIM:
- Leave a review on a retailer website, such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Waterstones, etc. Goodreads is excellent too, but it has to be at least 1 retailer as well as that affects algorithms for visibility. 50 is the magic number for Amazon, evidently, but only 1 of my 5 books have that so far, which means it doesn’t show up in as many “if you like this, try these” links that retailers supply. Feel free to leave more than one review at more than one retailer!
- Email the link to the review to lauralamauthor [at] gmail [dot] com. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a positive review, but I probably will wince a little if you send me a one star. Note: If you review more than one book, I’ll give you more than one book plate. So if you review all 5 of my books, you can get 5 book plates.
- Tell me if you want a double heart or a dragonfly stamp, and the name you want it made out to if you want it personalised.
- Tell me the address you want it sent to. You’ll get a bonus bookmark as well as long as I have supplies.
- Stick ’em in your copies of my books! Or wherever.
Both offers are open internationally. The review doesn’t have to be long–just a sentence is fine! And as stated, it doesn’t have to be glowingly positive. Honest thoughts are great. Thanks so much!
<3 L x